Winter like we know is always chilly and cold. But don’t you think that this is also a time when you need to be extra careful with the kids in your house? There are always things that we need to take care of during winters and that is what we will discuss today.
Children can be quite naughty and mischievous. This means they have a habit of fidgeting around with things all the time. As parents and elders in the house, there are some things that one must take care of during the winter season and especially to keep your kids healthy and safe.
Read below some children health tips to take care of, during this winter season:
- Get your children vaccinated with the yearly Flu Shot.
- Teach your kids to wash their hand properly with different hand washing techniques.
- Avoid infections on your baby by keeping your newborn or young infants inside the house.
- Encourage your children to avoid roaming around with other kids and people that already have a cold or flu.
- Teach your kids the right etiquettes to cough and sneeze in public. Teach them to use tissues.
- Send your children to school with reusable water bottles rather than leaving them to drink water at school. Water at the school has a higher chance of being contaminated with germs, especially during winters and the flu season.
These were just some simple children health tips that you as a parent must teach your children. Now let’s talk about some medical health tips for children.
Getting a flu shot and washing hands might help so much to avoid serious medical problems that have a high chance of being triggered during the winter season. Some medical problems that can still be triggered in children during the winter season are:
- Asthma: Asthma is a condition in which the airways of the respiratory system narrow down, swell up, and produce extra mucus.
- Chronic Cough: A chronic cough for children is when a cough lasts longer than 4 weeks.
- Dry Skin: Dry Skin is when children feel uncomfortable with their skin due to scaling, cracking, or itching.
- Nose Bleeding: Nose bleeding in children are caused due to dry air, nasal allergies, nose picking, etc that causes irritation in the delicate blood vessels of the nose.
- Eczema: Eczema is a condition that occurs in children that causes the skin to become inflamed, itchy, and red.
Treatments for all these medical problems must be taken immediately as the child falls sick otherwise there can be a chance of worse implications. Every once in a while, a checkup with the doctor is necessary to study the body’s internal level of fluids as also a study of the hormones.
You must contact our experts at the Lifeline Laboratory, also recommended as the best diagnostic centre in Delhi, for any other queries regarding any of your health issues and conditions. You can also book your online blood test with us or can contact us for any other lab tests that you require.
Some more health tips for children to take care of during winters…
- Dress them appropriate to the weather.
- Keep your kids encouraged to stay active but don’t allow them to play outdoor for a longer period of time.
- Use humidifiers.
- Teach your children to wash hands regularly.
- Aerate your kid’s room.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors at home.
- Get your home tested for Radon.
- Pick the right head gear for your children.
- Dress them up for a cozy sleep.
- Make Immune boosting food for your children.
- Maintain your kid’s hydration by making them drink adequate amount of water.
- Serve your kids with warmed up fluids and add soup to their diet.
- Add whole grains, lentils, root vegetables, fruits, dry fruits, green leafy vegetables, and lesser amount of non-vegetarian foods to your kid’s diet.
- Make sure that your kids get enough sleep.
- Maintain your child’s hygiene.
- Use clean sheets for your kids and don’t forget to change them frequently.
- Dust your house frequently, only to keep a safer environment for your children at home.
- Make sure you clean your kid’s toys frequently.
- Don’t let your kids bite their nails.
- Keep your kid’s skin protected with proper skincare.
- Use lip balm to avoid your kid from having chapped lips.
- Wash your kid’s hair often to avoid dry and frizzy hair.
- Keep your kid’s body moisturised and massage their body and feet with oil to make them feel warm, calm, and relaxed. This will also ensure that their tiredness runs away and they can get proper rest.
- Massage your kid’s hair with oil before a hair wash.
- Serve your kids with warm water.
Our experts at Lifeline Laboratory would find it easier to guide you for any other queries. So, feel free to contact us or book an appointment online.