As we all know that “Prevention is better than cure” here is some insight what needs to be done. This winter many people have been infected with H1N1.
It is a respiratory infection causing flu-like symptoms such as fever, chills, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, watery eyes, body aches, headache, feeling tired, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
These symptoms may develop about one to three days after one is exposed to the virus.
The following measures can be taken for prevention:
- Stay indoors as far as possible and avoid crowded places.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Carry a sanitizer always.
- Contain your cough and sneezes. Cover mouth and nose.
- Use a mask while outdoors.
- Do gargles with Listerine or any anti-septic mouthwash regularly as it helps in eliminating the organism according to some study.
- Lastly, get yourself vaccinated.