Yes, the mercury is soaring high day by day and so is the coolness of our air conditioners and refrigerators. But all these instant heat relieving mechanisms take a toll on our health. Lets discuss one of the most basic essentials of summer-the chilled / refrigerated water. There are many risks and disadvantages involved in drinking the latter.
- Cold water contracts our blood vessels and interferes with digestion. Our system tries to regulate the body temperature, putting the absorption of nutrients at a back seat.
- It decreases our heart rate.
- Drinking chilled water especially after workouts upsets our body’s system due to the severe mismatch in temperature.
- It solidifies and hardens the food in our intestine, leading to constipation.
- It may aggravate headache in people suffering from migraine.
- Chilled water congests the respiratory tract, making it more susceptible to catch infections.
- It slows down the breakdown of fats in the body.
In that case, how to beat the heat? Hydration is of utmost importance and so drinking water in the best possible form is the need of the hour. The answer lies with the age old clay water pots/matkas used by our ancestors. It has numerous benefits and advantages.
- It provides natural cooling effect due to clay.
- It saves us from the side effects of storing water in plastic bottles.
- The alkaline nature of clay helps in maintaining the ph balance in our body.
- It aids in proper digestion and metabolism.
- It adds nutrients to the water stored in it and absorbs most of the toxic chemicals present in it.