- What is a hormonal imbalance?
Each hormone in the body has specific function & its effects on the body. So increase or decrease in the hormone causes imbalance
- Hormonal imbalance may be asymptomatic. However, many patients may develop an array of symptoms. Depending on which hormone is affected.
Awareness of hormone and their functions helps us maintaining a healthy life. As they play a vital role in various illness.
- When to subject you have a hormonal imbalance?
- Unexplained weight gain or loss
- Stubborn belly fat
- Loss of muscle mass
- Irregular digestion
- Unusual or increased craving
- Excessive Sweating
- Anxiety, Irritability & mood swings
- Decreased Libido, Infertility
- Irregular sleep pattern or sleeplessness
- Constantly feeling tired
- Excessive hunger or thrust
- Irregular periods
Your specialist may advice you the following tests depending on your symptoms:
- Blood tests – include your thyroid hormones, reproductive hormones (LH,FSH, Progesterone, estrogen), testosterone, cortisol, insulin
- Pelvic test – in cases of infertility
- Ultrasound – this tests can be used visualizing various organs such as ovaries, tests, abdominal cavity, thyroid gland
- Other special tests – these can be ordered depending upon the lab results if needed. These include fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) OF thyroid, Pap smear in females.
Depending on the lab & radiology results one can get specific hormonal imbalance
We at Lifeline Laboratory have specialized equipment’s and steam of doctors who strive to give accurate results for each test.